Project partners are encouraged to plan the content and budget of the Project as precisely as possible, however we are aware that in some cases it is not possible to avoid certain changes during project implementation. Therefore in duly justified cases project partners have the possibility to apply for project changes regarding budget reallocation, outputs, partnership, and duration once during project lifetime. Please be reminded that Project Partners cannot request to increase the ERDF co-financing.
The Lead Partner of the Project is obliged to communicate project changes to the Joint Technical Secretariat as soon as project partners are aware of them, e.g. before implementation of the changes. Otherwise this can be the subject of non eligible costs.
Procedure for handling of project changes consists of the following steps:
1. Downloading and filling in Request for Changes and Budget Reallocation forms.
In case of changes in the project, Lead Partner is requested to fill in request for changes form. In case if budget reallocation is requested please do not forget to fill in also budget reallocation table – by indicating reallocation of costs total amount of changes will be calculated automatically. Moreover, for your convenience please use budget reallocation calculation form which information should correspond with the Annex 1: Request for changes form.
When filling in the request for changes form please:
a) indicate what was initially planned in the project application: name of activity/cost item, work package, budget line and the current situation;
Example: initially EUR 3.000 were planned for the Project Partner 2 information seminar under WP1 BL4. In order to fulfill this activity additional EUR 250 are necessary according to results of public procurement.
b) describe the requested changes and justification for them: describe the necessary changes, purpose of them and indicate from which sources changes will be covered, if relevant, by indicating number of works package, budget line and cost of item;
Example: Project Partner 2 requests to reallocate EUR 250 from the planned costs for organization of conference under WP3 BL4 to the WP1 BL4 for the organisation of the information seminar as far as after organisation of event are saving left in amount of EUR 250.
c) provide justification of changes;
Example: requested change is essential in order to ensure proper implementation of project activities and achievement of planned project outputs planned by the Project Partner 2, etc.
d) describe the impact of request changes to project implementation – how proposed changes will help to achieve project objectives in more efficient way and will foster cooperation?
Example: the requested changes will make positive impact to achievement of planned project objectives by ensuring proper project management.
In case you have any questions regarding filling in above mentioned forms please do not hesitate to ask the responsible project manager at the Joint Technical Secretariat.
2. Sending Request for Changes and Budget Reallocation forms and additional documents, if relevant to the responsible project manager at the Joint Technical Secretariat by e-mail.
Joint Technical Secretariat will check if forms are filled in correctly, all necessary details are in and all additional documents (like cost estimations, technical documentation etc.) are attached. In case if any additional information or documentation will be needed project Lead partner will be requested to submit it. When this step will be finished Joint Technical Secretariat will inform that you can proceed with next step.
3. Sending of signed stamped and dated final version of Request for Changes and Budget Reallocation forms and additional documents, if relevant to the Joint Technical Secretariat by e-mail. Moreover, Lead Partner has to submit corrected Application Form, Feasibility Study, if relevant, to the responsible project manager by e-mail as well.
Final version of request for changes documents has to be signed, stamped, dated and sent to the Joint Technical Secretariat by e-mail.
4. Decision taking by the Joint Monitoring and Steering Committee or Managing Authority depending on the nature of changes.
5. Notification Letter is sent to the project Lead Partner informing about the decision.
6. In case requested changes are approved or partly approved – Lead Partner submits corrected Application Form, Feasibility Study, if relevant, and updated Partnership Agreement to the responsible project manager at the Joint Technical Secretariat by e-mail.
7. Addendum to the Subsidy Contract for project implementation is prepared and signed.
Please be reminded that all minor changes (e.g. changes in contact information, minor rescheduling of activities, deviations from the spending targets, small deviations from specifications of outputs, changes between the costs of items within one budget line and work package, etc.) can be reported as ‘deviations’ to the Joint Technical Secretariat through the six-month Progress Reports. However, in case project partners are facing minor changes of activities they are advised to communicate to the Joint Technical Secretariat and get assurance that certain rescheduling is considered as minor change.
- Detailed information on project changes is available in 7.2. chapter of the Programme Manual of the Latvia-Lithuania Programme.
Information updated on 08.05.2012.