|Approximate total Project budget in EUR:||3 669 969.82|
|ERDF co-financing in EUR:||3 119 474.35|
|Project Duration:||02/2009 - 08/2011|
|Priority:||Encouragement of Socio Economic Development and Competitiveness of the Region|
|Direction:||2. Improvement of Internal and External Accessibility of the Border Regions|
The biggest problem is increased traffic intensity causing the deterioration of public streets/roads in the settlements crossed by state roads with an access to the transit roads in the remote regions on LV and LT and insufficient traffic safety awareness, therefore Council of the Euroregion „Country of lakes” decided to develop a project for solving these problems.
Overall objective of the project is to promote harmonious cross border cooperation in traffic safety in 23 Latvian and Lithuanian urban and rural settlements at the same time improving the internal and external accessibility and contributing to socio-economical development in the territory of Euroregion „Country of lakes”.
- To improve the internal and external public road/ street infrastructure by preparing the technical documentation for 21 sections of roads (4757m) and streets (25621m) and reconstructing 27 sections of roads (2702m) and streets (9430m) in LV -LT border regions.
- To raise public awareness on the traffic safety issues by 5 international public involvement campaigns in the 14 partner territories of the remote regions of LV and LT located at EU external border.
- In Latvia: Rezekne city, Aglona, Daugavpils, Kraslava, Livani, Ludza, Rezekne, Riebini and Vilani local municipalities
- In Lithuania: Anyksciai, Ignalina, Utena, Kupiskis, Zarasai and Visaginas municipalities.
- Daugavpils Local Municipality: reconstruction of pedestrian/ bicycle route in Daugavpils district (Spogi village), Latvia (2702m) and parking place (1405m2).
- Ludza Local Municipality: preparation of technical documentations for reconstruction of 3 central streets in Ludza, Latvia (4005m).
- Kraslava Local Municipality: reconstruction of transit street (Rigas) in Kraslava, Latvia (220m); installation of 35 signs on the transit street in Kraslava, Latvia.
- Livani Local Municipality: improvement of traffic security for kindergarten visitors on transit Rigas street 13 in Livani, Preili district (180m).
- Reibiņi Local Municipality: construction of pedestrian route (1300m) and pedestrian bridge over Feimankas river and lighting installation in Riebini – 1405m.
- Aglona Local Municipality: installation of the lighting (2852m) and 6 street signs in Aglona village.
- Rezekne City Council: preparation of technical projects for 2 stages in Atbrivoshanas alee (1899m); installation of 5 welcome signs.
- Vilani Local Municipality: preparation of technical documentation "Reconstruction of Transit Street in Viļāni Town on the First Class State Road Viļāni - Preiļi - Špoģi (P58), Section of Rīgas Street;Kultūras Square, Brīvības Street“ (3500m).
- Malta Rural Municipality: preparation of technical documentation “Technical project for reconstruction of 1st Maija Street 80, Malta (162m)”; reconstruction of the parking place (1040m2) and pedestrian route (102m) on 1st Maija Street 44, Malta.
- Zarasai District Municipality: reconstruction of the part of transit D.Bukonto streetstreet (275m); installation of 2 video cameras and 6 their imitations - a pilot action for public awareness to traffic safety.
- Utena District Municipality: technical project for the reconstruction of Baranausko (1357 m) Street; technical project for the reconstruction of Palangos (1080 m) Street in Utena; reconstruction of Dauniškio street (172m) in Utena.
- Ignalina District Municipality: preparation of technical documentation for reconstruction of pedestrian/bicycle route (3150m) in Ignalina.
- Anyksciai District Municipality: reconstruction of the part of Basanavičius street in Anyksciai intervening Pusynas street from both sides in Anyksciai town (426m).
- Visaginas Municipality: reconstruction/installation of road barriers (3000m) in Visaginas, LT ; installation of 5 pedestrian crossings in Visaginas, pilot demonstrations.
- Kupiskis District Municipality: Preparation of technical documentations for the reconstruction of Krantines, and part of A.Pureno Streets, installation of pedestrian/bicycle routes near 5 streets in Kupiškis (4980m); installation of 266 street signs on the main streets in Kupiskis.
Public involvement - 5 international traffic safety campaigns:
- 1 traffic accident simulators campaign in 14 partner territories (1800 participants);
- 2 September 1 traffic safety campaigns “Safe road to school” (more then 3000 participants);
- 2 traffic safety campaign “Hurry safe!” September 11, 2009 and in Rezenke, 2010 (700 participants);
- 14 press visits (representatives of Lead partner, auditors, mass media)
More information about project:
- Presentation about the Project
- Website of Euroregion 'Country of Lakes'
- Website of Ludza Local Municipality
- Website of Rezekne City
- Website of Malta Parish
- Website of Kraslava Local Municipality