|Approximate total Project budget in EUR:||1 323 170.09|
|ERDF co-financing in EUR:||1 124 694.58|
|Project Duration:||12/2008 - 12/2010|
|Priority:||Attractive Living Environment and Development of Sustainable Community|
|Direction:||2. Increasing the Attractiveness of the Border Region|
|Project is finished|
Project is targeted to promotion of cultural and creative tourism in the communities by developing tourism products based on the cultural heritage of Daugavpils and Utena regions – pottery traditions.
Two project partners - Local Lore Museum of Utena which is the major historic and art establishment in the Highland region of Lithuania and Daugavpils City Department of Cultural Affairs, a leading establishment of Daugavpils in cultural sphere – will establish a Clay Art Centres, provide formal and informal life-long learning opportunities by developing and implementing educational pottery training programme; generate local pride in ceramic heritage researching and promoting pottery traditions; and to develop the annual events using the historical and cultural themes to attract visitors and create cultural image in the region. Cross-border approach will bring a bigger added value for the development of cultural and creative tourism in the region.
Project website: www.keramikosratas.visiems.lt
- In 23-25th May was organized Clay Festival in Daugavpils, in 10-30th July was organized show for community of the sculpture's models in a glass expositions gallery in Utena (Utenio sq.). 15-30th July was organized cross-border sculptors practical workshop in Utena, where takes part 5 professional sculptors from Lithuania (3) and Latvia (2). They created 5 sculptures whose were installed in the Vytauto Valiušio museums surrounding. The workshop will last 15 days. Workshop concluding event will present the artist and their creative work to the community.
- Education program "The Basics of Traditional Ceramics Training" was prepared by ceramist’s pedagogues.
- Cross-border Ceramics Research and Publicity: 23rd April 2010 was organized scientific conference in Utena. Published Catalog of sculptors workshop "Fictile Circle" (500 items), Education program "The Basics of Traditional Ceramics Training" (1000 items), 3 articles, 1 TV slot. Scientific research is developed. Published catalogue 500 items. Published book "Study Programme Latgalian ceramic" 1500 items.
- Education pottery training programme: 80-seat conference and exhibition hall in Clay Art Centre with installed audio and video system, exhibition equipment and furniture. Prepared 5 working places in Utena: 5 pottery wheels, 2 firing ovens (kilns), 5 turnets, 1 clay mixer, 5 worktables, 5 chairs and work place for pottery.
- Were formed 3 target groups (15 pupils),and started trainings in Education Class in Utena Clay Art Center.
- Education programme "Latgalian Ceramics" was developed in Daugavpils. Seminar "Presentation of the concept of education programmes" in Daugavpils was organized on 6th of November.
- Modernization of Cultural Objects: renovation works are finished in the Clay Art Center of Utena, renovated Folk Applied Studio in Daugavpils.